First, let me tell you how I wrote this article. I researched more than 20 websites and found these to be the top five re-occurring trends for resumes in 2023. All my articles are written with proven content and research. I like to think I didn’t go to college for 9 years for nothing!
- Show results that are quantifiable and are based on hard facts and data. Did you increase sales by 50%? Did you save the company 10 million dollars? Did you win awards?
- Use key words on your resume to maximize your presence on the (ATS) Applicant Tracking System. Applicant tracking systems are software applications used by employers, that use key words to track potential hires. This is easy, just Google key words for your occupation, for example “key words for accountant,” find the top ten and infuse them into your resume. ZipRecruiter.com is one of my personal favorites.
- Use personal branding. What is personal branding? That’s a whole other article. Think about it like this. What happens when you Google your name? Are you using social media sites like LinkedIn? Feel free to add links onto your resume.
- Keep your resume 1 page, go back 10 to 15 years, that’s what employers see as relevant. It also hides your age. Discrimination still happens, always will.
- Focus on the future, not the past. Sure, you have had great success, but how can that success work to benefit your future employer?